We live in difficult times. Companies need to hire leaders to help them to overcome the crisis and step forth towards better tomorrows. Hand in hand with sales recruitment, to recruit a leader is the most difficult task for any HR department or headhunter.
Most people aren’t able to lead even their own life, so how could they lead the others, or the entire organization? Just think about it for a while…
If you are applying for any kind of management position, or other job where leadership is expected, you need to prepare for few difficult questions and tests. Recruiters use it to uncover your ability to lead the others. LeadershipInterviewQuestions.com will show you how to handle it. Enjoy your reading!
What questions to expect?
To be honest, most recruiters have no idea how to determine good leader. It is not easy, after all. A good leader can take the whole business to new level, but a wrongly chosen employee on a leadership position can sink the entire company, or at least the section he is liable for… Interviewers use the following questions to choose the right one:
- How would you attract someone to listen to you and to follow you?
- How would you motivate the others to accomplish the goals of the company? How do you motivate yourself?
- What leadership styles do you know and which one do you apply in your job. Why did you choose this style?
- Describe a situation when you successfully led someone towards a fulfillment of a big goal.
- We talk here together for a while now. Can you tell me something about me? What do you think is a good way to connect with me and to lead me? What are my weaknesses?
- If we hire you, what goals will you set for yourself at the beginning?
- What was the toughest decision you had to make in your life?
- Based on your point of view, what characterize a good leader nowadays?
- What can we learn from our failures?
- Where do you see this industry heading in the future?
- What is your general opinion about people around you?
- Why do you think you can be a good leader?
Attract, believe, connect
Success or failure in this interview does not depend only on your answers to interview questions. They need to feel your leadership. They need to see it inside of you! You need more than to talk like a leader. You have to be one in an interview! What does it mean?
Leaders attract the others. Put on your best clothes, smile, be nice, attract the others. Be charismatic (if it was so easy ), or at least someone it is pleasure to talk to.
Leaders believe. They believe in their vision, they believe in the people around them, in the perspectives and goals they have. Be the one who believes in his own opinions, goals and aspirations. Be the one who is positive about the others. If you do not believe in it, interviewers won’t believe in you…
Leaders connect with the others. We live in an era in which connections mean knowledge, power and opportunities. Show them that you are connected with the right people. Stand-alone leaders can not achieve anything nowadays. What more, try to connect with them. Show them that you know how to connect with people from all levels of society. Children, students, laborers, supervisors, managers, top officers. You need to know how to win the heart of everyone. If you succeed to do it, they will see you as a natural leader and give you a chance in a job.
One has to be born a leader. Or not?
In my opinion, leadership skill can be compared to playing tennis. One can be born with some predispositions and become a great tennis player is shorter time. But still, he needs to train hard. However, if you look at the ATP rankings, you’ll find at least ten people without any talent in the top hundred of the rankings… These people were not born good players. But they trained very hard and became one of the world’s best. It is the same with leadership. You do not need any predispositions. You can become a great leader. There are plenty of good trainings and seminars. You can learn how to connect with the others, how to attract the others and lead them. Such a seminar (a good one!) is one of the best career investments you can ever make. Go for it, improve your leadership, succeed in an interview and get a great job.
What if I have no time?
If your interview is tomorrow (or soon), you probably do not have time to go for a training… Well, we can help you in this case! Our I Will Get a Job – Recording for Leaders will teach you how to win the hearts of your recruiters, how to connect with them and demonstrate your leadership in a best possible way in an interview. It’s the best last minute job interview preparation. Thank you for checking it out here.